- Entitlement and access to public health care services
- Medical treatment: consent and withdrawal
- Advance Directives
- Taking care of a mentally incapacitated person: Guardianship or Committee
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Elder abuse
- Medical negligence
- Medical insurance
- Care by residential care homes for elderly persons
- Overview of residential care homes for elderly persons in Hong Kong
- Licensing system for residential care homes in Hong Kong
- The Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) Ordinance and its subsidiary legislation
- The Code of Practice for Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons)
- Monitoring of residential care homes
- The Complaint Mechanism
- The Residential Care Homes (Persons with Disabilities) Ordinance
- How to select a suitable residential care home and how to adjust to group living in residential care homes?
- Elder abuse
- Common examples of accidents which may cause personal injury to elderly persons in residential care homes
Care by residential care homes for elderly persons
The Complaint Mechanism
The residents, their families and carers, and concern groups all play an important role in monitoring the performance of residential care homes. The public can contact the SWD hotline to make enquires, give suggestions or lodge complaints against residential care homes in Hong Kong.
Upon receiving a complaint, the SWD takes follow-up action, such as inspecting the residential care home concerned, issuing advisory or warning letters if required, and monitoring any required remedial measures. The SWD also issues relevant guidelines, where appropriate, to help the entire sector improve service quality.
Any person who wishes to make enquires, give suggestions or lodge complaints against residential care homes for the elderly may contact The Licensing Office of Residential Care Homes of the Elderly direct at 2961 7211 or 28347414 during office hours or contact the SWD hotline at 2343 2255.
The address of The Licensing Office of Residential Care Homes of the Elderly is as follows:
Licensing Office of Residential Care Homes for the Elderly
Social Welfare Department
Room 2354, 23/F, Wu Chung House,
213 Queen's Road East,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong