Elder abuse

Seeking assistance

In case of physical, financial and sexual abuse, immediate assistance should be sought from the Police.

The Department of Health recommends seeking assistance from the following organizations or agencies for elders in case of abuse:

Name of Social Organizations / Agencies

Tel. No.

Social Welfare Department (Hotline for inquiry)

2343 2255

The Haven of Hope Christian Service (Elderly Protection Centre) (Hong Kong and Kowloon East)

2915 8888

Caritas “Pilot Study for Prevention of Elder Abuse” (Kowloon West and New Territories)

2708 7776

Christian Family Service Centre

2787 6865

Hotline for the Hong Kong Council of Social Services

187 8668

Caritas Family Crisis Support Centre